Tom

Tom
The Sun

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The gigantic design flaw.....

I want my brother back in the worst kind of way. Of course, that's impossible, but I don't care. Plenty of 'impossible' things have happened in my lifetime, like space travel and cell phones - and finding the right guy to marry (finally).

It seems that someone up there should have noticed by now that this whole dying thing is just not working for people. It's a very bad idea - almost as bad as letting people age into an unrecognizable heap in a nursing home. Except for those who are jonesing for the Rapture, it's ratings have never been high, and they just get lower all the time.

Think about it. If you were God, the ultimate best parent in the universe, would you set it up so your children would come to earth, live mostly happy lives, then die? Would you forget to tell them what dying is like? Would you let them sometimes suffer and die, or maybe worse, just disappear in a moment without a chance to say goodbye to the people they love?

As far as I'm concerned, some seriously rethinking needs to be done. The guys in the research department need to get a grant or something and find an alternative.

The sooner the better.

2 comments:

  1. I heard this amazing song tonight, from Thomas' music collection. It was by Leonard Cohen and the chorus went...""Let everyone live, and let everyone die. Hello my love, and my love goodbye." I just tried to write some long awful explanation of why I found it meaningful. Believe me, you are grateful that I erased it. But hearing that song and then reading this post somehow seemed connected to me. So I'll leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we're here to accomplish something, and then have to leave, I'm glad we get old, so it's easier to let go. But I agree, Death is the Enemy! There is no way to put a good spin on it.

    ReplyDelete

To leave a comment, please choose an option below. (Note that if you choose NAME/URL you can leave the URL line blank).