Tom

Tom
The Sun

Monday, July 17, 2017

Brother Love



Eight years....and I know I'm supposed to be writing something meaningful about the passing of time without Tom, and how I feel about it all.

But this year, all I can say is that I still miss him....still sit here with a sad heart....and still wish he could magically return.

Tom gave me this sweet little deer when I was 14.  He was working at Disneyland and stopped at the glass shop on Main Street and got it for me.  For no special reason at all. 

What 16 year old boy buys his sister such a sweet gift?  It was this, and all of the thousands of loving, kind things he did for me my whole life that bonded me to him forever.

I just never thought the unimaginable, unreachable, oh so much too far away 'forever' would start so soon.

So Tom, another year and all of us will be thinking of you especially this week, with gratitude for the Tomness of you, and the honor of being blessed by it as long as we were.

I love you,

Sister P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment, please choose an option below. (Note that if you choose NAME/URL you can leave the URL line blank).